Assisting You and Your Patients
Accredited Hospices of America leads the hospice care industry in the Houston area. We offer comprehensive hospice and bereavement care in the following counties: Austin, Harris, Washington, Montgomery, Fort Bend, Waller, Brazoria, Galveston, Colorado and Wharton counties. Click here for our complete coverage area
Our team is made up of excellent physicians, social workers, chaplains, nursing professionals, and trained volunteers. Our hospice care team is on-call 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
You have access to our expert services, including physician services:
- You can reach us for consults regarding bereavement, palliative care and hospice services
- Our Medical Director(s) have years of experience providing hospice and palliative care
- We maintain effective communication
Serve as a resource to which you may refer patients and families
We provide companionship and respite care for caregivers by hospice-trained professionals
At Accredited Hospices of America, we’ll work closely with healthcare professionals in hospitals, nursing facilities and assisted living facilities to create smooth, timely transition to hospice. Within two hours of receiving your referral, a member of our admissions team will respond.
When is the Right Time for Referral?
Consider Accredited Hospices of America when:
- The patient has been diagnosed with an advanced illness
- The patient’s health is deteriorating
- The patient and their family have begun to consider hospice services
Signs of Decline May Include:
- The patient’s illness continues progressing rapidly despite treatment
- The patient loses independence
- Weight loss not due to dietary changes
- The patient has been under hospital care more than once in the last several months
- Multiple conditions are developing or worsening
- The patient sleeps more frequently
- The patient starts withdrawing from loved ones and caregivers
If the patient or their family are not sure about using hospice care and need to discuss their concerns further, we are here for you. Feel free to contact us if you require assistance.